Human Education Program
Salt Lake County Animal Services' innovative programs incorporate varied materials, games and activities to stimulate learning and engage all learning styles. Our age-appropriate presentations demonstrate basic animal care, humane treatment of animals, and important animal safety information.
- Teaches young people to treat animals with respect and compassion
- Reduces the number of homeless pets in our community
- Increases the number of licensed and microchipped pets so more go back home
- Keeps everyone safer from animal bites
- Breaks the links of animal cruelty, domestic violence and criminal behavior
- Teaches the community to be responsible pet owners
- Instills the long-term values of compassion, empathy, and responsibility
Do You Want To Learn More About Us?
A Humane Educator schedules a presentation or a series of presentations at schools in Salt Lake City, Herriman, and unincorporated Salt Lake County.
We offer the following programs, and are always happy to customize presentations to meet curriculum goals and class themes:
- Preschool: Introduction to Pets and Bite Prevention
- K-2: Basic Animal Care, Responsible Pet Ownership, Bite Prevention and Meet the Animal Services Officer
- 3-6: Responsible Pet Ownership, Bite Prevention, Animal Services Heroes and Meet the Animal Services Officer
- 7-12: Responsible Pet Ownership, Bite Prevention, Animal & Community Issues, and Careers in Animal Welfare
We have several animal members of the education team. One will accompany our Humane Educator to your classroom!
Teachers can also schedule a presentation or series of presentations concluding with a shelter tour.
Responsibility + compassion + safety + pets = Humane Education
For more information or to schedule a presentation or tour, call
385-GOT-PETS (385-468-7387) ext 6054.