Want to adopt a new forever friend?
You're looking for a great pet, and our shelter animals are looking for great homes! To make sure that you and your new pet will be a perfect match, we have established the following adoption process:
1. Look for your new pet
- Take some time to walk through the shelter
- Browse through the animals on our Web site
2. Get acquainted
- Note the kennel number or animal ID (on the website) and call or visit our customer service specialists 385-GOT-PETS (385-468-7387)
- They will tell you all about that pet and arrange a get-acquainted visit
- You can bring children, family members, and other pets to meet the animals here
3. Complete the pre-adoption paperwork
- Fill out an Application for Adoption (pdf, 196kB). You can fill this out and print it to bring in or fill one out in person at the shelter.
- Provide written approval from your landlord or verify that you own your home
4. Meet with the adoption counselors
- The appointment will last approximately 10-15 minutes
- Our adoption specialist will help you decide whether the pet you've chosen will fit well with your lifestyle and will give you information about training and caring for your new pet
- You will fill out and sign our adoption contract
- The animal will go home the following day* after it has been spayed or neutered. If an animal has already been spayed or neutered then it will go home at the time of adoption.
5. Enjoy your new forever friend
- Call us if you have questions or concerns about your pet; we will do everything we can to help you and your pet have a successful long-term relationship
* Surgeries are only done Monday-Friday.